It’s so exhausting!
It’s hard to explain how sometimes even during our free time we feel exhausted. Maybe this is due to the hectic hustle and bustle the world institutionalized us in, that even when we’re resting, we feel the RuuuussHH!
We feel like tomorrow is always coming, and that there is no stopping the momentum such that even when we are at rest we’re still thinking about how we need to work again, and that alone is enough to make us feel frustrated.
At times it’s easy to forget about taking some time for yourself, just doing weird things and not caring about the world. Spend time alone and stop the ever rushing momentum of the world.
You may be at home right now and you’re thinking about what you could do for fun besides scrolling through your never-ending Facebook news-feed.
Well here are some awesome things you could do on your free time:
- Go for a jog (and pick up litter while you’re at it) – I would recommend timing your jog between 5:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. and 3:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. these are the timeslots where the sun is not too aggressive on burning your oooh-so-flawless-skin. Here is another article explaining why we should immediately start picking up litter.
- Grab a piece of paper – If you’re an artsy fella you can grab a piece of paper and try typography. Besides typography there are other artsy things you can create, you don’t have to be good at it, you just have to make art. Express yourself with paper, pen whatever medium you can get your hands on.
- Try Dream Lining – it’s a technique I read from a book called the 4-hour workweek – Take time to sit down and write your priorities in life. For example, you want to learn how to play the drums, you don’t need an expensive drum set yet, you can start by doing 15 minutes of rudiments you can learn from Youtube. With dream lining I realized that happiness doesn’t need to be expensive. It helped me to settle down my forward thinking and realize that I don’t need to worry about tomorrow and just give today my best shot.
- Workout from your own home w/ improvised things – You don’t have to go to the gym to be fit. You can use old water containers as your weight and do pushups within the comfort of your home. You can even play some cheesy work out music (cue: Eye of the Tiger)
- Go out and meet new people – You would be surprised how quickly you can get a friend just by going out and talking to people. If you’re the shy type (You Jigglypuff!) You can start by saying a simple greeting “Good morning” or “Good afternoon” accompanied with your best smile.
- Pick up a book – Make yourself a cup of coffee (or tea, if you’re a tea guy like me). Position yourself by the window or snuggle in your favorite blanket. Pick up your book and read the afternoon away. Or better yet…
- Start writing your own book – Write two paragraphs of a book you will publish, just write down your thoughts – You don’t have to be pressured if anyone will read it, just pour down the thoughts and ideas. Release the jumbled words and poems stuck in your beautiful mind.
- Sing and dance – If you’re not comfortable doing this in front of other people, just go into an isolated part of your house (or just do this while taking a shower). Sing and dance your heart off. I have tried this and it really relieves the stress gathered in the past week.
- Learn French (or some other language) – Gather your learning materials and try to learn some other language. You don’t have to be fluent, just speak and write what you can; It doesn’t matter if you sound like you’re puking. Just babble away at your heart’s content.
- Have a quiet moment – Talk to God, stare at the wall if you have to. You don’t have to think hard. Let your soul rest and search on its own. Ironically when you’re seeking peace, you should not be doing the “seeking” part. Just quiet your mind and still your heart.
You don’t have to pick just one. Try all of the things listed above, You will be surprised how rested you will feel after. Also you should not try too hard, the object of the activities above is not to make you ‘productive’. The main objective would be to take time for yourself and learn that there is something awesome inside of you.
Are there any other awesome and weird activities you can think of? Share it with us on the comments section below!